A simple website under your full control allows you to practice and “see” the following without needing your organization to give you “Editor” level GA4 access to your organization’s GA4 property. This site with a brand new GA4 property will take less than 30 minutes to set up from scratch.
This 2-day course has a 1-week break to allow you accumulate data for more meaningful hands-on exercises on day 2.
At the end of this course, you will have had hands-on experience doing the following:
- Change the Reports Navigation completely, even hiding Google’s built-in reports
- There are no equivalents to Universal Analytics’ Views. Creating Custom Collections of Custom Reports is the closest substitute.
- Create Conversion Events
- Create and Modify Events
- Create Custom Dimensions & Metrics
- Uncover the hidden Search Console reports
- Explore the effect of Reporting Identity on Data Accuracy
- View Change History
- See what options are available for Enhanced Measurement, including on-site search settings
And, if Google releases additional GA4 capabilities, you can test this out. For example, earlier in April, additional options for the Conversion Event counting method were launched.