Analytics tagging is tedious work.
A necessity for marketers and content owners so that they can properly assess the results of their efforts, adding bits of custom code so that website and app interactions that are not automatically detected by analytics tools can be tracked is not exactly IT’s idea of “fun”, and certainly not as satisfying as new deployments.
That’s why over the past few years, tag management has become a sizzling hot topic. Tag Management Systems (TMS) won’t allow you to become completely independent of IT, but it will surely reduce your dependence on them, while allowing you collect more relevant, high quality data.
Just as nobody will launch a website without some sort of content management system (such as WordPress), we don’t implement digital analytics without using a TMS. At ClickInsight, we’re certified to design and deploy the following leading TMS products:
- Google Tag Manager
- Tealium IQ
- Ensighten Manage
TMS have revolutionized work flow for analysts the way CMS (Content Management Systems) did for content owners:
- Before CMS, when you needed to change a paragraph or load a new picture, into the HTML code you’d go. Now, with CMS, you make the changes through an editor. You still need IT to build the snazzy stuff but not to handle the more routine work like changing copy or images.
- If you don’t have a TMS, and you need a conversion or ad tracking pixel added, you have to contact IT, right? If you have a TMS installed, you can learn to do it yourself.
And do-it-yourself tracking pixel is just the beginning.
A properly designed and properly implemented TMS will:
- Save time (lots!)
- Save money (lots!)
- Improve data governance and therefore, data quality
- Allow you to capture more data with less effort, feeding your content analysis and digital intelligence efforts
- Speed up your page load times
Don’t just implement the tool though. Use this as an opportunity to refresh the strategic direction of your analytics program and give it a strong boost and restart.
Want to learn more? Contact us to discuss your specific situation.