The Digital Analytics Association was formed to help marketing professionals navigate the ever-changing analytics landscape of tools, disciplines, approaches and platforms. To further advance this goal, Local Chapters have been sprouting up south of the border.
We are delighted to invite you to join us and founding president, current chair of the DAA and founder of the eMetrics summit, Jim Sterne, for the official launch of the South Central Ontario DAA Chapter (also the first Canadian chapter). Big thanks to Jim who is trekking to the cold and snowy north to join us @DAAOntario.
Join us for a conversation about the past, present and future of digital analytics at 7 pm, February 25 at the Centre for Social Innovation – Annex, brought to you by Ensighten, VisualIQ and the eMetrics Summit.
Panelists for the evening who will be kicking off the conversation are:
- Jim Sterne, Chairman, Digital Analytics Association, and Founder of eMetrics Summit Conferences
- Sharon Flynn, Director of Research, TV Ontario
- Ujwal Arkalgud, Director of Strategy, Sonic Boom
- James Niehaus, Ensighten, Director of Analytics and Strategy
It used to be just qual and quant. Then it was Google and Omniture. Now it’s social sentiment data and social network engagement data and digital ethnography and content measurement metrics. Questions remain such as “what is a Facebook Like worth?”
- How does a marketer or a researcher make sense of this complex landscape – one that is becoming increasingly fragmented?
- Can one tool or one set of tools really answer all analytics needs?
- What does the amount of publicly available information on social networks mean for cultural researchers and ethnographers – is it more valuable to observe than ask?
Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) Annex map
720 Bathurst Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
Event – Tuesday, February 25, 2014:
Open Networking at 6:30 pm
Presentations and Panel begin at 7 pm
This event is free for DAA members (log-in to register), $10 for non-Members.
Complimentary light refreshments will be served.
Seats are limited.
Remember to bring lots of business cards for networking and door prizes.
Follow us @DAAOntario
More about the Local Chapter
On February 25, 2014, the DAA South Central Ontario Local Chapter will be officially launched!
Think of this chapter as an educational branch office of the association.
Being involved in a local DAA Chapter is a perfect way for members to enhance their career by:
- Developing skills you can use in your professional life
- Becoming more involved in the local community
- Networking with other digital measurement professionals
- Furthering your own career while helping others to the same, and
- Encouraging knowledge-sharing through educational programs
Hope you’ll be able to attend!
Your Local @DAAOntario Chapter Co-Chairs: