Google launched Analytics 360 Suite (official website) on March 15, 2016.
Because this new 6-part product Suite is a mix of existing products and new yet-to-be launched products, there have been lots of questions (lots indeed!)
Since we are a Google Analytics Certified Partner and Reseller, we have had quite a few trainings & briefings recently from Google.
In this post, we’ve answered some of the most common Analytics 360 Suite questions that we’ve been asked:
- Some products are available and some are in beta. Which ones are currently available?
- When will the new/beta products be more widely available?
- I can’t wait! How do I get access to a beta product now?
- Our company currently has Google Analytics Premium. Do we get access to all the new products automatically?
- Audience Center 360 includes integrations with DoubleClick. Does this mean that the integrations with Analytics 360 will not longer be there, and we have to purchase Audience Center 360?
- We are not currently using Google Analytics Premium. Can we buy access to the products separately or do we have to buy the entire Suite?
- What are the prices for the new products?
- Can Optimize 360 be used with Google Analytics Standard?
- Will there be a free version of Optimize 360?
- Can Data Studio 360 be used with Google Analytics Standard?
- Can I see demos of the beta products?
1. Some products are available and some are in beta. Which ones are currently available?
Three are currently available:
Google Analytics 360 (formerly Google Analytics Premium) is the means to analyze customer data from all touch-points and integrate with Google’s ad products.
Google Attribution 360 (formerly Adometry) helps marketers analyze performance across all channels, devices, and systems to achieve their most effective marketing mix and allocate budgets with confidence.
Google Tag Manager 360 empowers enterprise marketers to move faster and make better decisions with confidence by offering a simplified way to gather site information, and APIs to increase data accuracy and streamline workflows.
The other three Suite products are in limited beta and are not yet widely available:
Google Audience Center 360, a data management platform (DMP), will help marketers understand their best customers and find more like them across channels, devices, and campaigns. Offering native integration with Google and DoubleClick products, it will be open to third party data providers, DSPs and more.
Google Optimize 360 is a testing and personalization product to help marketers deliver better experiences, and will be integrated with Google Analytics.
Google Data Studio 360 will integrate data across all Suite products and other data sources, enabling easy and timely creation of beautiful, interactive reports and dashboards. It uses real-time collaboration and sharing that is based on the technology behind Google Docs and Google Sheets.
2. When will the new/beta products be more widely available?
Casey Carey, director of marketing for Google Analytics, was quoted in Marketing Magazine, responding that the “three new products — Audience Centre, Optimize and Data Studio — are in limited beta. Scheduling varies, but basically late Q2 is when those will become generally available“.
3. I can’t wait! How do I get access to a beta product now?
Contact Google on the official website.
Click on the Suite Products tab and select the product you are interested in.
Scroll down until you see Drop Us a Note.
Click the green Contact Us button to access the contact form. There’s a separate form for each product.
* Note that Optimize 360 and Data Studio 360 are in limited beta and are not available for sale at this time. You are more than welcome to express interest, but unfortunately they are not available just yet.
4. Our company currently has Google Analytics Premium. Do we get access to all the new products automatically?
Unfortunately not. Google Analytics Premium is now Google Analytics 360, but not Google Analytics 360 Suite.
However, customers paying for at least one eligible Google Analytics 360 Suite product, such as Analytics 360, will be eligible to receive Tag Manager 360 included at no additional cost.
5. Audience Center 360 includes integrations with DoubleClick. Does this mean that the integrations with Analytics 360 will not longer be there, and we have to purchase Audience Center 360?
No, you do not have to purchase Audience Center 360.
6. We are not currently using Google Analytics Premium. Can we buy access to the products separately or do we have to buy the entire Suite?
7. What are the prices for the new products?
Pricing has not been released at this time for any of the new products. Referenced in Marketing Magazine, Casey Carey “alluded to Google’s preference towards simpler, flat pricing models over less predictable, a la carte services with fees tied to metrics such as sight [sic] visits and impressions.”
8. Can Optimize 360 be used with Google Analytics Standard?
9. Will there be a free version of Optimize 360?
10. Can Data Studio 360 be used with Google Analytics Standard?
Yes. Data Studio 360 will be available as a standalone paid product.
It is expected that there will be a connector to Google Analytics Standard. It will also be possible to bring in non-Google data into Data Studio 360 using Google Sheets and Google Big Query. Other data input platforms may be announced at a later date.
11. Can I see demos of the beta products?
Not for all products (yet):
- Optimize 360: In this hangout, Product Manager Jon Mesh does a short demo of Optimize 360 and how to set up a test.
And see how you can create A/B test variants with Optimize’s Visual Editor in this hangout
- Data Studio 360: Check out Data Studio’s flexibility in this hangout
And check out this post by Google product manager Jocelyn Whittenburg, in which she describes how Analytics 360 can be used with Audience Center 360, Optimize 360, Attribution 360 and finally Data Studio 360. You can also see the new look of Analytics 360 that will be rolling out to all Google Analytics Premium accounts.
Got more questions? Post them in comments below and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.