The Canadian Thanksgiving weekend is upon us, and we couldn’t be more excited! Who doesn’t love a good Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all of the fixings?
This holiday isn’t just about pumpkin pie though (sigh). It’s about stepping back, and taking the time to think of the things we are thankful for in our day-to-day lives: health, family, friends, and education. And, as you may guess, we are also thankful for digital data!
Here are 5 reasons why you should be thankful for digital data too:
- Web data helps you better understand your customers’ movement around your website, allowing you to make data driven decisions on optimizing webpages. Maybe you want to run campaigns targeting low traffic webpages. Or, maybe you wish to improve them so they rank better organically.
- Monitoring the success of your campaigns has never been easier. With proper campaign tagging, you can easily see which campaigns are performing well, or need further optimization. But don’t stop there, check out the Multi-Channel Funnel report to see which campaigns gave your converting campaign an assist.
- Do you get excited when you see big traffic jumps (or get sad when it drops)? Why not set up an email alert to notify you of any major traffic changes. It may be an issue with your site, an increase in referrals, or the popularity of newly released content. If you don’t know, you can’t take action, right?
- Slow page load time? No problem! Web analytics provide insight into which pages on your website load the slowest. This allows you to adjust your website accordingly, and decrease your page load time (to keep your users happy). You can use Google’s PageSpeed Insights Tool to understand the cause of your slow webpage.
- Finally, you’re able to see an users entire journey, whether they visited multiple pages, triggered events to fire, or even made a purchase. You can use this information to properly map out your sales funnel and continue bringing customers back. You can dive deeper using the User Explorer report in Google Analytics to gain a better understanding of a users sessions.
Optimal website performance is important, but so is time spent with family and friends. We hope you take the opportunity to rest and unwind this weekend, and give thanks for everything you have!