Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half.
- John Wanamaker
If you feel this way about your Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns, perhaps it’s time for an audit. Here’s a sample of what we have found from past campaign audits:
- Due to improper geographic settings, 28% of total campaign spend was wasted on clicks outside the target country.
- By not analyzing query terms, and therefore not preventing ads for showing for off-target keyword phrases, 14% of budget was consumed by job seekers, not prospective customers.
- Because of a lack of destination URL tagging and proper account linking, PPC visits were partially included in organic search, giving more conversion credit than was due to organic/unpaid traffic.
The Best Practices PPC Audit™ is a comprehensive audit of PPC campaigns to assess whether the campaigns are optimally configured to deliver the intended results. The Audit will cover campaign, adgroup, ad and keyword configuration.
- All Audits begin with a Discovery session so that we understand your business goals, your intended target audience, who you do not want to attract with your ads, what your conversion events are, and any technical constraints.
- Updated keyword research may be part of the audit.
- Recommendations may include expansion/contraction or refocusing of the campaign and may cover search, display, video and re-marketing advertising.
The Best Practices PPC Audit will be customized to your situation because your objectives and customers are a unique combination, as will be your concerns about your campaign. Implementation of the recommendations may be handled by you, us or jointly.
If you think you might be wasting a significant portion of your PPC budget, contact us to discuss what scope of Audit may be right for you.