From figuring out what type of training you need, to scheduling the time to attend, to showing up and participating… yup, training can take up time and energy!
But it’s worth it! Check out 5 Reasons for Continuous Training.
Think back to the last time you did an analytics course or workshop. You showed up, you “did the work”, and then what happened?
- You instantly became better, smarter, and faster at doing your job (a.k.a. instant rock star)
- You didn’t learn anything that you felt you could immediately apply in your job
- You never had the time to go over what you learned and put it into practice
The majority of bright, eager “learners” fall into categories 2 and 3 above. This is not due to a lack of good intentions or a desire to learn, but most often because they:
- Didn’t know what they wanted to get out of the course
- Wanted the tool to solve all their problems
- Remember a fool with a tool is still a fool!
- Didn’t set aside time after the course to practice what they learned
Here are some tips for you to get the most out of your next analytics training experience so that you come out of it feeling more like a rock star: Continue reading “Train like a Pro: How to get the Most out of Analytics Training” »